Wednesday 9 June 2010

Taking the Smart Fortwo Electric Car For a Test Drive

I was feeling good as a truck cab packed with construction workers were genuinely excited as I pulled along side them at a red light. One guy gave me a thumbs up, another asked how much my ride retailed for. Then, two lights up the road, the reaction to my smart fortwo electric drive car was slightly more critical.
"Hey guys, look at that funny little car," a father shouted to his two small boys as he pointed at my tiny white and green convertible. I suspect smart cars get that a lot: A mix of wonder, excitement and ridicule. Dropping in an electric motor is likely to only increase all of those reactions.
Smart USA, a subsidiary of Penske Automotive Group, will roll out 250 EVs in the U.S. beginning in October. That's small potatoes compared to what the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf plan to produce later this year, but Smart is happy being niche.

Read this news @ http://www.evhub.in/news/71

Follow us on @ Twitter
Join our Group @ Linkedin
Become fan on EVHUB page @ Facebook

No comments: